For the development of its Terra™ fast charging equipment, ABB Product Group Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure is looking for an Embedded Software Engineer
Senior Embedded Software Engineer - Java
ABB is a worldwide company and leader in the field of the transmission and distribution of electricity, process and production automation as well as electrical, electronic and installation engineering products and systems. The Discrete Automation and Motion division supplies products, solutions and services to increase productivity and at the same time use energy efficiently. Our range includes motors, generators, drives, PLCs and robots to offer solutions for a host of drive and automation issues. Within this division we are also the market leader for fast chargers that allow Electrical Vehicles drivers to charge a car in 20 minutes. In this highly technological and rising market, we are developing and supplying these Electrical Vehicle Charger Infrastructure across the globe Based in our locations in Rijswijk, the Netherlands we are looking for a: Senior Embedded Software Engineer - Java
For the development of its Terra™ fast charging equipment, ABB Product Group Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure is looking for an Embedded Software Engineer with the following responsibilities:
- You will design and develop the embedded applications for our EV battery fast charger products.
- You will be one of our Java developers that will create solutions for our market opportunities.
- You will work in a small Scrum team of talented engineers in an open and informal environment.
- Together you will bring the product from idea to implementation.
- You possess demonstrated experience in product design and development lifecycle (specification, architecture & design, implementation, integration, testing, configuration management, bug tracking & solving);
- You have 5+ years of professional software engineering experience;
- You have a minimum of 4 years of experience with Java projects;
- You have a minimum of 3 years of experience working with resource constraint- or embedded systems;
- You are skilled in working with Linux in the context of an embedded product;
- You have proven experience in product design and development
- You can work in multi-disciplinary teams, clear verbal communicator in at least English (and preferably also with knowledge of Dutch);
- You have good analytical and engineering skills;
- You have a Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent skill level;
- Having experience with agile principles is preferred;
- Working knowledge of C++ in an embedded setting is a plus.
We offer you a varying and responsible job in an international concern that highly values the development of its employees, quality and safety. You get the freedom to take a range of responsibilities in a rapidly evolving environment. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary package and real opportunities for growth.
Register your CV and apply online via the 'Apply' button. For questions regarding the open position please contact Michael Koops, George Hintzenweg 81, 3068 AX Rotterdam, 010-4078680
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing more than a 125-year history of innovation, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization and driving the Energy and Fourth Industrial Revolutions. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 136,000 employees www.abb.com
Agency calls are not appreciated.
Keywords: Vacancy, Full-time, Rijswijk, Software Developer, IT Developer, IT Designer, Java Developer, Java Engineer.
Solliciteer op deze functie